Thursday, September 5, 2013

My less than graceful return..............

In my never ending list of things to do I traversing the internet and forgot I own a blog.
I have no idea why I fail so much I suppose it's focus on work load or my never ending quest to gain more knowledge.
I spend the better part of my time testing out different things that teach me about everything.
Which brings me to my wonderful topic of the day, places on the internet to learn. (insert rainbow and unicorns here)
Not many people like to learn after they have been in school for years and years, but I am against that.
The reason is because as you learn more over time, you're keeping your brain in check. This also prevents most brain
numbing diseases like dementia and alzheimer's. Since both of those options run rampant in my family I spend most of my days
just gathering knowledge when I have free time at work.


I suppose I should tell you I specialize in Linux and programming, I didn't always and to be honest its been a while since
I've needed to code anything at work so as of right now I'm rusty. My daily combatant for this is code.org.
This is a website that can route you anywhere you want to be when it comes to coding, I wish they had it before I had entered college.
I spent soo much money on education, and the programming classes for just not up to par compared to what I've seen and worked with
on this site. I'm just amazed and getting less rusty on a daily basis. It's been a great experience and for those of you interested
in coding I suggest you go look and be educated. As you go as well there are other sites linked to code.org so you can expand your
knowledge as you go, all of which is free. I can't stress enough how awesome it is not to pay a ton of money you don't have to have
a poor learning experience.

My second option for getting your learns on is Udemy.com, this is a half free half pay situation. Most of the pay classes are worth it
on top of which over time if you see there's something you can teach people you can put a class up and earn money from educating others.
I've had a great experience with this site as well. As I said I stick to one set of learning when it comes to my daily bump in knowledge
however this sight can teach you anything about anything. From crafts to humanities and health and fitness. I prefer taking the free classes
but I'm not going to lie on this site I've paid for a class or two and I was nothing but happy about it. If you have time when your home and
you want to learn something random that will help you with life I suggest checking out Udemy.
So that's my little rant for the day, get ready because I will return to posting on a daily basis again(yes I know I have said it before,
but I've planned ahead this time so game on!)

https://www.udemy.com/

www.code.org

No comments:

Post a Comment