Saturday, December 4, 2010

5 things if you didn't do before you should now.....

In my recent work from home computer repair days I've notice a lacking in some basic B to the Gates knowledge....
So Let me lay it down for you here's my top ten basics for windows...

1. Windows update.... you need to update it in the the last three computers I've fixed each one only had SP1 (Windows XP) we're currently on SP3 (Service Pack = SP)

2. Active X... it's not a want, its a need you need it to get your windows update done, plus anything else you might need to get on the DL from File Hippo etc.

3. Disk Defrag & Disk cleaner (I covered this earlier) is there for a reason... please use it

4. Any thing that your ISP ( internet service provider) as anti virus software.... sucks, use my list you will be better protected.

5. If a virus has shut you down and you can still use email, find me here and have me fix it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment